Cost Accountant for Wingspan Care Group
- Job Category: Finance
- Job Type: Full-Time
The Cost Accountant directs all of the activities regarding the design, use, improvement, reconciliation and maintenance of the cost accounting system. This role coordinates with various stakeholders cross-functionally to ensure that accurate and timely costing data is being collected, providing management with insight into the costs of delivering services to our clients.
- Oversee and direct all of the cost accounting activities of the organization, allowing management to utilize cost data to make well-informed business decisions.
- Develop a complete understanding of the various services provided to clients, and how the delivery of those services is impacted by various financial and operational cost drivers.
- Design, maintain and improve the cost accounting system to interface across various software applications and consolidate all cost data from clinical and financial information systems.
- Work with accounting staff to collect, compile and report costing information as required to be submitted to various regulatory agencies.
- Provide support to finance staff in responding to various requests for budget data, and assistance in responding to third party requests for proposals (RFP’s) to provide differing services.
- Interface with senior management to report and articulate the true cost of providing services to clients for the various divisions and lines of service.
- Maintain high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adhere to Department policies and procedures.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, supervision and on-going training.
- All required trainings, certifications and licensure must be kept current in accordance with applicable licensing and accreditation regulations and standards.
- Respect the privacy of clients and hold in confidence all information obtained during the client’s treatment. All client-related documents should be handled in accordance with Agency guidelines on confidential material.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required with preferred major in accounting and/or finance. Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant preferred.
If interested, please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@wingspancg.org.